Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wading through the information everglades

Key question posed by my radiation oncologist: "What is your biggest frustration?"  Answer: "Finding information specific to my situation and correlating it."

This post, is an attempt to provide a map for anyone with the same frustration.  I'm not sure it will work as a list... we'll see. I'll put most of these on the extended page because this might get long.

 Entry points
Correlating PSA, clinical stage, and Gleason score
  • Partin tables (@JohnsHopkins) - it's important to have the complete Gleason breakdown and clinical stage to interpret these tables.  But here is the only place that correlates these three indicators as well and clearly. 
Hormone therapy
Radiation seed implants (brachytherapy)


Of course these are just a few of the possible sites.  Example: A google search on "prostate cancer clinical stage" returns 375,000 results.  Oh hep me!

No comments:

Post a Comment