Sunday, December 20, 2009

Radioactive Man - 1 Week Down

Well, it's really a week plus a couple of days since I became Radioactive Man... and this will be a mercifully short post because there just isn't much to report.  OK...that's a lie.  There is a lot to report, but it's not all that interesting.

How am I doing on the 9th day since the implants?  Well, it's not bad, really. I'm doing most of the activities I was doing before (except bicycling... I haven't gotten back on the bike yet). I'm a bit fatigued, which has led to getting up later in the morning, and a tendency to feel nappy in the afternoon.  I noticed a bit of a melancholy mood the other day, which I immediately ascribed to the hormones ... but who knows, really?
And other than that, the frequency with which I visit the bathroom has increased considerably.  I've also noticed that some sitting postures are awkward, or uncomfortable, and that I'm better off standing, for the most part.

I suspect the sitting problems are due to the prostate getting swollen as a result of the seeds, or the procedure, or both and wonder when it will abate.  I also wonder, looking at the picture of all those little titanium bits in me, if riding a bicycle will ever be the same again.  I hope so, because I have a lot of places I still want to ride to!

That's it for now.  It's late... time to make another bathroom run and then to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment