Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Preparing for the next big step

Late post... no big deal really, just thinking about tomorrow, which is the prep phase before they turn me into Radioactive Man.  Because of the scheduling shifts that my urologist had to do, I get ALL of the prep steps on the same day.  Oh la!

So... we start with another ultrasound bit at the urologist, which is the same as the beginning of the biopsy procedure. This means another round with the wonderful anal probe, or as I named it last time, the Alien Probe (AP). Then a consult with the urologist. About the time I get done with that I need to head over to the radiation oncologist's office, where they'll do a CT scan to check placement of things and (I think) decide on what pattern of seeds to implant.  Of course I am projecting all of this and tomorrow will tell how close my projections are.  Oooh... I can hardly wait to find out how close I am.  Or was.  Whatever.

Am I worried about tomorrow? Not really. But the seed implant procedure still has me a bit stressed. I'm hoping to learn enough tomorrow to help ease that somewhat.  That procedure is a week away.

No comments:

Post a Comment