Thursday, October 15, 2009

An Introduction: The Prostate Chronicles

I intend to chronicle my experiences and thoughts as a prostate cancer patient... from discovery to where I am now, and throughout the course of treatment I chose to follow.

Some of this will be lighthearted... because that's one of the ways I deal with hard information. Please forgive me if they offend. I don't mean any harm to anyone. Cancer, any kind of cancer, may not be a thing to joke about. But some things that surround it are funny, or at least they seem easier for me to handle if I can laugh at them one way or another.  Some humor, after all, comes from pain.

For example, several of the medical procedures have some bizarre aspects to them that make sense and have a purpose to the medical professional, I'm sure, but to the patient they might seem, well, funny. Or at least odd, which ended up making me laugh a bit.

Other aspects are incredibly serious or frustrating, or both, and I'll try to come up with a method of identifying the humorous ones from the serious stuff. My hope is that this will be useful to someone else, besides just being a random ramble on the web, adding to the noise. And hopefully it won't be the proverbial tale told by an idiot. <grin>

So... with that introduction, let's begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment